White clothing is synonymous with purity, elegance and freshness, which is why it is essential to have clothing of this color in our closet. Despite being a color that can be adapted to different styles, it is also true that it is more prone to dirt being more noticeable in clothes. One of the biggest problems with white clothes is the appearance of those unpleasant yellow spots, which are produced by many factors such as humidity, wear and the poor care that we give to our clothing. But if you wonder if there is a way to remove yellow stains from clothes, the answer is yes, there are several alternatives with which you can leave your shirts, pants, etc., like new. Keep reading and discover some tricks to remove yellow stains from white clothes without mistreating them.
Where to start?
Before recommending some products to remove yellow stains from white clothes, we want to give you some advice. The first thing you should do is check all your white clothes and remove all that you see that has a yellow stain, check mainly the area of the armpits and neck, usually due to sweating, they are areas where these annoying stains appear the most. Some clothes will look completely yellowish, and if it is because they are already very used or old, we recommend that you use them directly to be at home, or that you use them for other purposes, such as cutting them to make kitchen rags, etc. . When you select all the clothes that are in good condition but have yellow stains, you can save time and do a general cleaning of all these clothesso you can renew them together.
What do you need to remove yellow stains from white clothes?
It is very important that when you go to remove yellow stains from white clothes, you have everything you need to do it in a simpler and more comfortable way. We recommend that take note, or make a list of the necessary cleaning products and tools, so that you don’t forget anything and you can leave your clothes as white as if you had just bought them. To make everything easier, we are going to recommend some products to remove yellow stains from white clothes. Remember to have selected all your clothes beforehand so that you can save time.
clothes washing brush
Definitely, a brush is basic to be able to wash clothes, especially, to be able to remove yellow stains from white clothes. We recommend this one that is multipurpose, that is, you can use it to scrub all kinds of surfaces in the house, as well as being used to wash fabrics and other materials. It has a very ergonomic design, in addition to its bristles being resistant and strong. This pack includes three different brushes, which you can give a specific use in each situation.
Baking soda to remove stains
This is one of the best options to get rid of those unpleasant white spots, and you can also use it for many other things in your home. You will not only be able to say goodbye to yellow stains on white clothes, but also on dishes, floors and other surfaces, so It is a perfect ally for cleaning your home.
liquid stain remover gel
If you are one of those who prefer chemical products, this stain remover gel is one of the best options. It is made with a highly potent formula, which It will destroy any stain, but at the same time, it is soft and will protect the fabrics of your clothes.
Basin for washing clothes
It is important to have a good basin to wash clothes, there you can soak and add cleaning products along with clothing to remove yellow stains. This one that we recommend today It is made of a very resistant material, but at the same time it is very lightso you can use it wherever you want, and transport it easily and practically.
Are ideal to protect our hands from any type of chemical product, or prolonged exposure to water on our skin. We recommend these, which are multi-purpose, very comfortable, and best of all, ultra resistant, they are made with totally natural latex, and they have special padding so that your hands are not mistreated.
Steps to remove yellow stains from clothes
Once you have selected all the clothes that you are going to wash, and that you have all the cleaning products and tools, next, we will briefly tell you the step by step to remove yellow stains from white clothes. Remember that before starting this process, It is best that you protect your hands and put on some kitchen gloves.
- Put water in the basin, we recommend that it be warm water, not hot. The amount will depend on how many clothes you want to wash.
- Inside the water add the stain remover gel and a little baking soda, this will be a powerful mixture to destroy stains. If you have a little white vinegar you can also add it.
- Submerge the clothing in the bleach mixture, and leave it to soak for half an hour.
- Once the time has passed, take out the clothes and with the brush, pass it through the specific areas where the stains are, make sure to pass it through all the stains.
- Soak the clothes again for a little longer, in the same mixture of water, stain remover gel, and baking soda, and take them out after 20 minutes.
- Once the 20 minutes are up, take the clothes out and wash them in clean, cold water, make sure the stains are gone, and for those heavier stains, you can repeat the process.
- Once you have rinsed the clothes with clean, cold water. drain it and put it to dry.
- You already have it! Once dry, you will notice how your white clothes are like new again.
Tricks to remove yellow stains from white clothes
We have already told you how the ideal step-by-step would be to remove those yellow stains from white clothes without mistreating it, now we are going to give you some tips and tricks that can help you in different situations. Take note and share with your friends or with that person you know who may need this information for their day to day.
– Use white vinegar plus lemon: If you are looking for a more natural solution to remove stains from white clothes, we recommend that you use a good white vinegar and lemon. You can use it, in the same way that we have shown you above, in a container or basin mix water, a generous amount of white vinegar and a few drops of lemon, soak the clothes, pass a brush through the stains, soak again for for a while and rinse the clothes with cold water.
– Discover this instant stain remover!: It is a kind of down, which has a soft tip and a formula specially made to help remove those stains at the moment. It is an ideal product to bring in your backpack, just when you have just stained, you have to pass the down, it will foam and help remove that stain. Here you can get this instant stain remover, it is one of the best sellers on Amazon Mexico.
– Although you can use the washing machine, adding a special product to remove stains from clothes, we recommend that you for tougher stains, do the process by hand, as we have explained to you previously. Of course, it is not a good option to mix white clothes with colored clothes, so if you wash your clothes in the washing machine, make sure that there are only white clothes to avoid surprises later.
– Use hydrogen peroxide: Another of the great alternatives to remove yellow stains from white clothes is to use hydrogen peroxide. This is a very powerful liquid, which can destroy almost any type of dirt. You must get a hydrogen peroxide to use on clothes, since otherwise it can damage some fibers of the fabric of your clothes. All you have to do is put in a basin, water, hydrogen peroxide and submerge the clothes in this mixture, you can pass a brush through the stains and submerge again in the mixture until the stain has disappeared.
*All purchase prices included in this article are current as of September 23, 2022.
*If you are a user of Amazon Primeall purchases have free shipping costs.
*Our journalists rigorously and independently recommend products and services that you can purchase on the Internet. Every time you buy through some links added to the text, EL PAÍS receives a commission. read here our commercial policy